Be advised of the closure of I-70 this weekend, especially if you are coming to Truman Gala Saturday evening!
Here is the statement about the closure from MoDOT:
- There will be a complete closure of both Crysler Avenue from E. 41st Terrace St. to E. 41st and Phelps Road from E. 42nd Terrace St. to E. 40th Terrace St. beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, May 29, until approximately Thursday, Nov. 1.
- There will be a complete closure of Pittman Road from E. 42nd Street to E. 41st Street beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, June 1, until approximately Thursday, Nov. 1.
- There will be COMPLETE CLOSURE of Interstate 70 in both directions between I-435 and I-470 beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, June 8, until approximately 5 a.m. on Monday, June 11. This closure is for the demolition of the Pittman Road, Crysler Avenue, and Phelps Road bridges over I-70. This work will have major impacts to traffic. Plan ahead. Leave early. Motorists MUSTfollow the signed detour using I-470 and I-435, or find an alternate route.
- Eastbound I-70 ramp closures include:
- Manchester Trafficway to eastbound I-70.
- Northbound and southbound I-435 ramps to eastbound I-70.
- Blue Ridge Cutoff ramp to eastbound I-70.
- Highway 40 ramp to eastbound I-70.
- Blue Ridge Blvd. Ramp to eastbound I-70.
- Noland Road ramp to eastbound I-70.
- Westbound I-70 ramp closures include:
- Northbound and southbound I-470/Route 291 ramps to westbound I-70.
- Lee’s Summit Road ramp to westbound I-70.
- Noland Road ramp to westbound I-70.
- Highway 40 ramp to westbound I-70.
- Eastbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane from Manchester Trafficway to Blue Ridge Cutoff. Any traffic that does not follow the detour onto southbound I-435 will be moved off at Blue Ridge Cutoff.
- Westbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane before the Route 291 and the I-470 interchange. All traffic will be routed onto southbound Route 291/I-470.
- Southbound Route 291 just north of I-70 will be reduced to one lane to accommodate merging traffic from westbound I-70
All three bridges will be demolished over the course of one weekend (to be determined at a later date).
While the current bridges are being rebuilt, traffic will be detoured. Motorists will not be able to access I-70 at these three locations during the demolition. A map of detours is available here.
There will be various lane closures along I-70 during off peak travel times throughout the course of the construction season. The three bridges over I-70 will be closed during construction.
If you are coming to Arrowhead Saturday night from the east, choose an alternate route. 40 Highway is probably the best option.
Plan ahead as traffic will probably be thick.