Jackson County is one of the very few counties in Missouri with dedicated year-round staff supporting the Democratic Party. The Executive Director position has been a model for other counties and regions for over a decade and, without it, challenges in fundraising, candidate recruitment, institutional memory, communication and more would mount and make our main objective more difficult: electing more Democrats. In a year with so much on the ballot and attention spread all over the country, local staff will play a critical role in organizing volunteers and making the best use of our resources.
Please consider attending on Thursday March 5, 6:00-8:00pm at Travois (310 W 19th Terr. KCMO) or donating a little each month through the Executive Director's Circle HERE. RSVP for the event HERE or just come on out March 5.
We'll here some remarks from current and past elected officials, have a discussion about the party's plans for 2020, and meet some great candidates on the ballot later this year. Light food and drinks provided. All are welcome.
Press Release from the Kansas City Election Board
In an effort to keep things running as smoothly as possible on March 10th Presidential Preference Primary, the KCEB has some things everyone should know when you vote next Tuesday. READ IT HERE. If you live in Jackson County outside of Kansas City, CLICK HERE to get more information.
NOTE: The Show Me Showdown candidate forum originally scheduled for Sunday was cancelled. Any opportunity for the public to hear from Presidential candidates will be publicized. SEE BELOW for opportunities that have been posted or to volunteer.
Upcoming Meetings and Important Dates:
- Galloway for Governor Event: See flyer below. Hosted by Susie and David Gale, Karla Williams and the Lee's Summit Democrats. Thursday March 12, 5:30-7:00pm.
- Grain Valley Democrats: Social, dinner and fundraiser Wednesday March 18th, 6:00-8:00pm. Acquaint Gathering, 512 Capelle St. Grain Valley (SW of the post office). Suggested $10 donation. Dinner provided. Special guest is Congressman Emanuel Cleaver. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Judy Morgan Town Hall meeting: Thursday, March 26th, 6:00-8:00pm. Agenda items include "Dirty Missouri" and Medicaid expansion plans, anti-LGBT bills in the state legislature, voter ID, prescription drug monitoring and more. All Souls Unitarian Church, 4501 Walnut St. KCMO 64111.
- Rep. Greg Razer Town Hall Meeting: Saturday March 21, 10:30-11:30am at Second Presbyterian Church (318 E 55th St KCMO).
- Candidate Filing Closes: March 31, 5pm
- Delegate Selection: "Mass meetings" held in your local ward or township. April 6. Click here to learn about the rules and process. Locations will be made public in the coming weeks.
- Congressional Convention: April 30. Time and location TBD.
- MDP Second Quarter Meeting: May 9, Jefferson City
- The 33rd Annual Truman Gala: June 6, Independence MO
- Missouri Democrats State Convention: June 20, Kansas City
The JCDC does not endorse candidates for President when there is no incumbent. We will provide information about any campaign's local activity as we receive it.
Bernie 2020 Office Open in Kansas City
With the Missouri primary one week away, you can visit the official Kansas City office for the Sanders campaign at 3630 Main St. KCMO 64111. Volunteers are needed for canvassing and phone banking shifts.
Contact Tessa at KC4Bernie@gmail.com or 816-599-4900 with questions.
Bernie Sanders will be at the Midland Theater in Kansas City
Monday, March 9th, doors open at 11:30am, program begins at 1pm.
The event is free to the public. Sign up here.
Coming Out for Warren
Join us at the KCMO Hamburger Mary's for one of our final Warren Volunteer Events!
Monday March 9th to Get Out the Vote for Elizabeth!
We will be joined by special guests, Rep. Rui Xu and Mayor Mike Kelly from Kansas! SIGN UP HERE.
Missouri for Biden Has Space in South KC
Phone banking and canvassing opportunities available through next week.
IBEW Local 124
301 E 103rd St. KCMO 64114
Staffed during regular hours and weekends. Contact 708-267-0415 or email@example.com for any other details.
Joe Biden will be at the World War 1 Museum in Kansas City
Saturday September 7, Doors open at 4:15pm
All supporters and interested supporters welcome. Sign up here.
Social, dinner and fundraiser
Wednesday March 18th, 6:00-8:00pm.
Acquaint Gathering, 512 Capelle St. Grain Valley (SW of the post office).
Suggested $10 donation. Dinner provided. Special guest is Congressman Emanuel Cleaver. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
(All funds solicited in connection with this event are by the Grain Valley Democrats and not by Congressman Cleaver or Cleaver for Congress.)